- ESTABLISHED: 1999
- HECTARES OF VINEYARD: 80 ha.
- AVERAGE: 38 YEARS OLD
- PLOTS: 14, on three terraces
- VARIETIES: 72 hectares of Tempranillo, 3 of Maturana Red, 2 of Graciano and 3 of Garnacha Red
- BARRELS: 2,500 of American and French Oak
- BOTTLES PRODUCTION: 300,000 bottles (200,000 of Cantos de Valpiedra)
Finca Valpiedra is the prime example of the entrepreneurial spirit of Familia Martínez Bujanda who, in 1994 started the building of a winery in a prestigious vineyard owned by the family.
Opened in 1999, it is the only Rioja winery that belongs the Asociación Grandes Pagos de España (Grand Crus Association of Spain), an exclusive and small group of wineries from all over the national territory of Spain with single vineyards and of their own personality defends the authentic terroirs of the country.
Finca Valpiedra follows the classic Bordeaux style, with a single vineyard and two only wines elaborated exclusively with grapes from the estate. Finca Valpiedra, our main reference, and Cantos de Valpiedra, both identified with the stony soil typical of the estate that conditions, together with its own microclimate combine to profile these wines.